The List: 5 spots for a pick-up basketball game
With Punxsutawney Phil calling for an early thaw, we can hope that spring will truly arrive soon. What is a great way to celebrate? By getting out and about for some round ball. For those who aren’t overly familiar with Rohnert Park, here are a few great local spots you can go to find a good pick-up game of basketball.
Five spots for a pick-up game
1. Magnolia Park – “M” Park is a popular for all sorts of sports, from soccer to tennis, but it also has two full courts with lights that see a lot of action. 1401 Middlebrook.
2. Callinan Sports and Fitness Center – Your “recreation destination” has a great open gym schedule, open most nights until 10 p.m. and even later on Saturday. Drop in rates are $8, lower with a pre-paid punch card. For a complete schedule, visit RPCity.org. 5405 Snyder Lane.
3. Sunrise Park – “S” park is always active with soccer, softball, tennis and lacrosse games, which also makes it a prime location for a pick-up basketball game. The courts aren’t as well maintained as a few other spots, but an active game makes up for it. 5201 Snyder Lane.
4. SSU – Students or those with Campus Recreation memberships can usually find a pick-up game at the Recreation Center. 1801 E. Cotati Ave.
5. Golis Park – “G” Park’s two lit basketball courts are kept in good condition. 1450 Golf Course Drive.
Do you know of someplace we missed? Tell us in the comments.